Here you will find all the important tour information on one page.
- The top half is info on how the tours work and link together as well as a basic overview of how I operate.
- The bottom half gives you TOURS, DATES and LINKS.
Some Quick shortcuts to each section are shown below:
3 Things To Know About My Tours
3 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT MY TOURS:
- They are RIDE focused tours – Yes we stop at the top of most passes, for lunch, for gas and at 2 – 3 special unique places each tour that would be criminal to ignore – but my tours are about the riding
- There are 3 tours offered in June and 3 in September – These are my 2 favorite months due to less crowds, less cost, better weather and better scenery via snow-capped mountains (vs snowless views in July and August. Snow-capped just feels more “Alps” like)
- The tours have been designed to be LINKED TOGETHER so you can enjoy a short tour or a long tour – Your Choice. You can chose to ride 1 tour or link 2 of them together. Some Tour Members do all 3. Almost all the routing/regions are different. We maximize tour time by using the minimal downtime between tours (1 day) as a rest day during which you can ride, sight see or relax at our base in Thun.
- All of my tours are strictly for experienced riders.
- All of the tours start and end in Thun Switzerland, which is easily reached from the Zurich airport. Our base is right in the heart of the Alps, which gives us access to a wide variety of routes through the Swiss, Italian, French and Austrian Alps.
- We have a wide range of rental motorcycles including an almost full line of BMW and KTM models. I arrange all the motorcycle rentals for my tour members. I can also help book rental motorcycles for non-tour members looking for a Swiss rental provider.
- I offer an ORIENATION DAY before every tour so that Tour Members can get acquainted with the rental bike, with riding various Alpine type roads and with the group they will be touring with.
- My goal is to provide a quality, personal-service, no hassle tour experience at a lower tour-on-your-own cost than the big tour operators. There is no mark-up on motorcycles, hotels, food or gas. Paying directly allows you to control your cost while tailoring the travel arrangements to your particular preference. You save $600 to $1,000 per person on shorter tours and $1,500 to $2,500 or more per person on longer tours compared to the major tour companies.
- In exchange for a fixed fee I guide every trip. I also make all the reservations for the motorcycle and hotels. If you want, you can ride with me all day. If you would rather do a self-guided tour and go on your own, we can personalize a route for you at the start of each day.
- There is a limit of 7 motorcycles per tour, which keeps the group size small. Small is good for keeping a cohesive pace while riding, for getting through lunch and gas stops in a timely manner and for fostering a close-knit tour group that rides together well on the bike and enjoys each other’s company off the bike.
- THE FRENCH LOOP – 6 days total riding, 5 days (including 3 nights centered in the same town) in France riding the highest of the high passes in the Alps
- ALPS SELECT – 11 days total riding in Switzerland and Italy, with a focus on the Italian Dolomites and a pure Italian lakes experience situated at the edge of the Alps at Lago di Garda (includes two 2-night stays and one 3-night stay)
- TOTALLY SWITZERLAND – 6 days total riding all in Switzerland (including one 2-night stay) exploring many of the nooks and crannies that make Switzerland the epicenter of the Alps
- ESSENTIAL ALPS – 8 days total riding (including two 2-night stays), think of it as a slimmed down Alps Select focused on the 2 prime ridng areas in the Alps along with 5 of the TOP 10 highest passes – can be linked to the FRENCH LOOP as part of the TOP 10+ tour
- AWESOME AUSTRIA – 10 days total riding (including one 2-night stay), 6 days in Austria exploring the best riding and some of the most famous high Alpine roads in Europe – includes 5 of the TOP 10 highest passes – can be linked to the FRENCH LOOP as part of the TOP 10+ tour
- TOP 10+ TOUR – one of my most popular tours achored by the FRENCH LOOP with its 5 TOP 10 passes and then linked to either the ESSENTIAL ALPS before or the AWESOME AUSTRIA after (each with the other 5 non-France TOP 10 passes)
CLOSED = Full or Reserved by Private Group
THE 2019 TOUR DATES AND LINKS:
2020 Tour Dates:
- THE FRENCH LOOP / June 13 – 18 (6 days)
- ALPS SELECT / June 20 – 30 (11 days)
- TOTALLY SWITZERLAND / July 2 – 7 (6 days)
- ESSENTIAL ALPS / September 5 – 12 (8 days)
- FRENCH ALPS LOOP / September 14 – 19 (6 days)
- AWESOME AUSTRIA / September 21 – 30 (10 days)
- TOP 10+ TOUR / Your Choice – Link the French Loop with the Essential Alps or Awesome Austria Tour
ALPS SELECT – SWISS/ ITALIAN ALPS Tour
June 24 – July 4, 2017 – 11 Riding Days
Flex Tour Extension Available (July 5 – 8, 2017)
My “Alps Select” tour picks the crème de la crème of Alpine riding for …. [more]
TOP 10+ (10 HIGHEST PASSES + 50 to 70 More)
September 9 – 22, 2017 – 14 Riding Days
Partial Tour Participation Available
This trip is for people who want a rider’s ride to the highest of the high… [more]
AWESOME AUSTRIA – Ride and See Tour
June 10 – 20, 2017 – 11 Riding Days
Sightseeing Options Available
This is a specialty tour for riders looking to combine lots of riding with lots of sightseeing. … [more]
If you have a small group that is looking to travel together and would like to have your own special tour, I can act as your personal guide… [more]